Friday, July 29, 2016

Computer Finally Forces Action

I nudged it along for too many months. Pushed it to its limits I guess. Added new software and operating system. Added RAM. I fought it on a daily basis. Spinning beach balls and lock ups or freezes. I pleaded, prayed and begged my little machine to keep going. Please don't put me through the pain of having to leave you, divorce you, find a home for you, smash you, etc., etc. It was all in vain and I finally drove to the store, bought a newer model and have spent time finding and migrating files. Actually, it's been easier then I thought it would be but it was still stressful. Some of that stress continues as I wait for the 'potential' disaster that I fear. I may escape it but who knows?

So maybe I'll be writing a bit more but no promises. We'll see. There certainly is no shortage of topics - conventions, candidates, droughts, peacemakers, social justice, killing, guns and violence. But for now I'm learning some new things and the workings of a new computer. Hope it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gadfly welcomes comments and discussion. Please feel free. Comments will be pre-screened for relevance, etc. and may or may not be posted.