Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Back On Track

Well after the series on Selma, I took a bit of a writing break. That series actually took a lot out of me from a writing perspective. So, I kind of took some time off from the blog. The problem is, there continue to be things that really need to be written about. Many of these things force some major thinking and personal analysis - the killing of civilians in Afghanistan, Trayvon Martin, the young black man shot in Sanford, Florida, the effort across the country to make voting more difficult, budget issues in New York State.

I've also found myself pretty busy with personal projects around my home (planted peas, lettuce, swiss chard and spinach - a risk, but worth it if successful) and doing various volunteer work for a number of organizations. I'm finding that volunteerism is quite different then paid work. It's an interesting expierience when you're use to doing a job and getting a job done. I'm beginning to question if we really do value the efforts of volunteers based on what I've seen so far.

So I'll continue to think these things through and commit to the electronic page soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gadfly welcomes comments and discussion. Please feel free. Comments will be pre-screened for relevance, etc. and may or may not be posted.